The Common Law pilot episode was also Alicia’s first (of five) episode(s) in the first season of this new USA Network show.
She plays the forensic pathologist Jonelle, who – that was already announced in the role description – has a history with Travis. In the pilot episode Wes guesses right, when Travis tries to duck out of a meeting with Jonelle: He dated her once (literally) – it was a one-night stand and he did not call her back after that.
And he has all reasons to be afraid of her, because as a pathologist she obviously knows how to kill him without leaving trace evidence.
That’s in fact, what Wes and her talk about – in the presence of Travis, whom she ignores until he admits that he’s a jerk – please note that she’s cutting open the body and pointedly chopping up the liver (?) of the victim while talking about ways to kill Travis ;D
Then she continues to cut him short and ignore him, purposely talking only to Wes and finally shoos him away (but not so much in a malevolent but rather ironic, teasing way… I don’t know how to express this. You should watch it yourself, if you haven’t yet.)
Screencaps (c) USA Network
(In front of the door)
- Wes: What are you doing?
- Travis: Oh just go on in, man, I’m just gonna hang out here and make a phone call.
- Wes: You dated the coroner? [Travis nods, grimacing] One-night stand? [T. nods again, still grimacing] Let me guess, you didn’t call her after? [T. shakes his head… still grimacing] This is why we don’t date people at work!
- Jonelle: My report’s not ready yet!
- Travis?: Any preliminary results?
- Jonelle: Yeees…
- Wes: Listen, Jonelle, I was wondering, if you were gonna kill Travis…
- Jonelle: Wow!
- Wes: You like it already. How would you do it? Because I gotta tell ya I’ve been tossing this around a lot. I was thinking, I could strangle him, which would be very satisfying, and then hang him, make it look like suicide.
- Jonelle: Hm, yeah, but your best bet would be poisoning, insulin or potassium chloride. Undetectable.
- Travis: Yeah, but if I did turn up dead, you’d be the first person they’d come after, Wes.
- Jonelle: Oh, he’s right. The safest thing would be to leave no corpse behind.
- Wes: That’s right. No body, no crime… could I […], or would I have to chop him up first?
- Jonelle: You’d have to chop him up really…
- Travis: Okay! Okay, I should have called! I’m a jerk!
- Jonelle: Did he just admit that he’s a jerk?
- Wes: He’s in therapy.
- Jonelle: Huh… you. Come. Close to the body.
(after discussing the preliminary autopsy findings)
- Travis: Maybe Toby stole it [heroin]. He was living in a house full of ex-junkies. I used to have this foster brother who was…
- Wes: [ignoring Travis, talking to Jonelle] You look good!
- Jonelle: Thanks!
- Wes: It was good to see you.
- Jonelle: You too.
- Wes: Are you still biking?
- Jonelle: Not as much, I do a lot of aerobics now, thanks for noticing.
- Wes: Yeah, no problem. Keep it up.
- Jonelle: Yeah. Good seeing you.
- Wes: Yup, you too. [leaves]
- Travis: I like aerobics.
- Jonelle: You’re still here…
Disclaimer: This site is made by a fan for fans. I don’t profit from any content of this page. There’s no intention of copyright infringement either.
The screenshots on this page are made by me – I use them without a special permission, considering that they don’t do any harm but rather advertise the TV show. If you hold the copyright and object against this advertisement, please contact me (ACfans@gmx.de) and I’ll remove the screenshots immediately.